OCARC has daily, weekly and monthly gathering/meeting times
These meetings are open to any member of the public, and all visiting HAM radio operators are encouraged to attend.
OCARC meets formally Monthly to conduct general club business, and discuss technical issues;
- The Annual General Meeting is held at the June General Meeting.
The meeting location for the General and Technical meetings is at Kelowna Fire Department, Station 1 on 2255 Enterprise Way in Kelowna. Entrance is from the parking lot (East) side.
- The General Meeting is held on the fourth Thursday of the month. Start time is 19:30 hrs (7:30 p.m.).
- The Executive Meeting is held on the second Tuesday of the month. Start time is 19:00 hrs (7:00 p.m.) This meeting is open to members by invitation, If you would like to attend please contact a member of the executive.
- The Technical Committee Meeting is held on the first Tuesday of the month. Start time is 19:00 hrs (7:00 p.m.).
Club members also meet in a non-structured social setting much more often;
- Monday 9:00 a.m., at the A&W, 1799 Gordon Drive, Kelowna
- Second and Fourth Thursday 8:30 a.m., at the Cherry Pit Restaurant, 2565 Hwy. 97, West Kelowna
- Saturday 9:00 a.m., at the Mcleans Cafe, 1415 Hunter Court #8, Kelowna
- You can find us at our favorite coffee shop Tuesday through Friday, but the big day is usually Tuesday. We tend to congregate from around 9:00 a.m. to about 10:30 a.m. or so. The favorite location is the Brown Bag Bistro and Catering, 1854 Kirschner Road Kelowna.
An amateur radio net, or simply ham net, is an "on-the-air" gathering of amateur radio operators. Most nets convene on a regular schedule and specific frequency, and are organized for a particular purpose, such as relaying messages, discussing a common topic of interest, in severe weather, emergencies, or simply as a regular gathering of friends for conversation.
The OCARC Net is held weekly:
- Wednesday 19:30 hrs (7:30 p.m.)
- Little White repeater
- 146.820 mhz
- minus 600 khz offset
- No TX or RX tone
Note change to Okanagan Mountain repeater until further notice.